Community Impact: A Culture of Caring
At PJM, we recognize that bringing light to the communities where we live and work involves more than electricity. It means giving back to our neighbors and powering positive change.
To learn about PJM’s environmental, social and governance initiatives, please review the 2020 Impact Report PDF highlighting our community impact and social responsibility efforts.
Powering a Culture of Caring and an Inclusive Future for All
In 2020, PJM held two special employee giving campaigns where PJM double-matched an employees’ donations. The first special giving campaign featured organizations providing direct services toward COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Philabundance - providing food to those in need; building and distributing emergency food boxes across a nine-county service area.
- American Red Cross - prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- PHL COVID-19 Fund - helping the Greater Philadelphia area nonprofit community navigate near and longer-term challenges from COVID-19; bringing together a diverse coalition of philanthropy, government and business partners.
- Donors Choose - coronavirus relief to keep kids learning; providing materials such as books, basic supplies and food to help kids learning at home during school closures.
PJM’s second employee giving campaign focused in two areas: STEM education in underserved communities and programs for people experiencing housing insecurity or homelessness.
- Mary's Shelter - providing housing services, homelessness prevention and social services for mothers and their babies through various services including a maternity home, pantry services, life-skill classes and youth services programs.
- National Girls Collaborative Project - bringing together organizations throughout the United States that are committed to informing and encouraging girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Women in Transition - empowering people to attain safety, equality and justice, and build independent and self-sustaining lives for themselves and their children; and to pioneer collaborations with community partners to create an intolerance of gender-based violence, substance abuse and poverty. Services are offered to people of any gender identity and/or sexual orientation.
Matching Gift Program
In addition to PJM’s special double-match campaigns held to support COVID-19 relief efforts, STEM education and homelessness/housing programs, employees can maximize their donations to organizations and causes they support through PJM’s corporate Matching Gift Program.