Expansion Planning Process
Detailed information on the Regional Transmission Expansion Plan (RTEP) process can be found in the following resources:
- The M-14 series of manuals describes the specific business rules under which PJM effects the entire RTEP process, including the details associated with the scope and procedures associated with the planning results and upgrades described in this report.
- Schedule 6 of the Operating AgreementPDF codifies the provisions under which PJM executes its RTEP process.
- The Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) describes the interconnection request process for generating resource interconnection, merchant transmission interconnection as well as specific process provisions to address long-term firm transmission service and auction revenue rights.
PJM’s FERC Order 1000 resources provide RTEP stakeholders the business rules, methodologies and tools necessary to implement Operating Agreement, schedule 6 transmission planning process enhancements and Open Access Transmission Tariff, schedule 12 reforms.
Pre-Application for Small Generation Interconnection Request
- Informal Request – Generators less than or equal to 20 MW maximum facility output can request PJM to provide information on proposed jurisdictional circuits. To make an informal request, contact the System Planning Administrator at (610) 666-8219 or email at SystemPlanning.Admin@pjm.com.
- Formal Request – Pre-Application RequestPDF - After printing the form, sign at the bottom and mail it and any necessary payment to:
2750 Monroe Boulevard
Audubon, PA 19403
Attention: Marcie Gritmon
Feasibility Study/Application for Interconnection Request
Queue AC2 is a transitional five-month long queue that will conclude on March 31, 2017. Added costs associated with attachment submissions in Month 6 do not apply to this queue. On April 1, 2017, the queues will resume six-month durations.
For more information on deposits, please refer to the Open Access Transmission Tariff.
References for Manual 14C
Data & Other Business Forms & Instructions
|Prior to Interconnection Service Agreement, Wholesale Market Participant Agreement or Upgrade Construction Service Agreement execution
|Interconnection projects project manager
|Notice to PJM:
Combined buyer sellerDOC
|After ISA and prior commercial operation (i.e. during construction)
|Infrastructure coordination project manager
Other Than Lenders: IC | TODOC
|After commercial operation1
|PJM client manager
1Generator owners or merchant transmission facility owners that wish to assign their facility to another entity or to perform a lender transfer after commercial operation shall follow the following instructions:
PJM will review the proposed assignment and existing agreements to determine the proper documentation and filings necessary to effectuate the requested asset transfer or lender change.
- Notify your intent to your PJM client manager a minimum of 90 days prior to the financial transfer to assure adequate time to make necessary agreement modifications and filings with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Identify to PJM all existing underlying affected agreements, such as Power Purchase Agreements, two-party interconnection agreements, PJM Interconnection service agreements; and
- Identify any changes to the facility that have occurred since the current effective agreement was executed that are not currently documented in the existing agreement, such as scope change documents from construction, retirements of units depictured or described in the agreement, modifications to the facility that would be reflected on a one-line diagram.