Grid 20/20: Focus on Security & Resilience
The purpose of Grid 20/20: Focus on Security & Resilience is to facilitate a discussion that will explore the concept of resilience in planning, operations & markets, and cyber & physical security. This is the second of two events focused on resilience this year.
Earlier this summer, PJM released a Resilience Road Map charting a high-level course for broadly evaluating and considering resilience across operations, planning, markets, and security. Panelists will provide responses and perspectives on areas to evaluate, offer thoughts on the intersection of resilience and security, and provide perspectives on potential solutions to the challenges discussed.
Panel members will define and consider resilience efforts with respect to:
- Cyber & Physical Security
- Operations & Markets
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
300 Light Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Book your hotel room online for the group rate of $189.00 (By August 25)
|Monday, September 18
|6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, September 19
Panel 1: Planning – This panel will focus on how resilience should be considered in planning processes.
Moderator: Ken Seiler, Executive Director System Operations, PJM Interconnection
- Katherine Prewitt, Vice President – Transmission, Southern Company
- Rob Manning, Vice President, Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure, EPRI
- David Roop, Director - Electric Transmission Operations & Reliability, Power Delivery Group, Dominion Energy
Panel 2: Cyber & Physical Security – This panel will focus on enhancements to cyber and physical processes and opportunities for collaboration/emergency coordination through public private partnerships.
Moderator: Jonathon Monken, Sr. Director System Resiliency & Strategic Coordination, PJM Interconnection
- Paul Stockton, Former Assistant Secretary of Defense, Managing Director, Sonecon
- Tim Blute, Program Director - Homeland Security & Public Safety Division, NGA
- Bill Lawrence, Senior Director of E-ISAC, NERC
Panel 3: Operations & Markets – This panel will focus on operating processes and parameters to consider in the context of resilience and aligning market design.
Moderator: Chantal Hendrzak, Executive Director Market Evolution, PJM Interconnection