Pre-Qualification for Designated Entity Status
Entities that desire to participate in the proposal window process and be the designated entity for transmission projects must submit a pre-qualification package to the Office of the Interconnection during the pre-qualification window. Upon receiving the package, PJM will acknowledge receipt and assign the submittal a unique identifier for tracking purposes.
Companies will be evaluated based upon their ability to engineer, develop, construct, operate and maintain a generic transmission facility within PJM. If the filing company does not have experience in a specific area, PJM will request that the company provide a detailed plan for leveraging the experience of their affiliates and contractors.
Pre-qualification packages will be posted on PJM.com after a final determination has been made. A company may provide a redacted version for posting.
Please note that PJM retains the right to request any additional information deemed necessary. If PJM makes such a request, the submitting company will have 30 days to provide the additional information.
Once a company is pre-qualified they must submit any changes in their package to PJM. A company does not need to be pre-qualified on an annual basis.
Please email all questions and pre-qualification packages to ProposalWindow-PreQual@pjm.com. The PJM Amended and Restated Operating Agreement in Section 1.5.8(a) (FERC acceptance pending) states that the following information must be provided in all pre-qualification packages:
- Name and address of the entity including a point of contact.
- Technical and engineering qualifications of the entity or its affiliate, partner, or parent company.
- Demonstrated experience of the entity or its affiliate, partner, or parent company to develop, construct, maintain, and operate transmission facilities. Including a list or other evidence of transmission facilities previously developed regarding construction, maintenance, or operation of transmission facilities both inside and outside of the PJM Region.
- Previous record of the entity or its affiliate, partner, or parent company to adhere to standardized construction, maintenance and operating practices.
- Capability of the entity or its affiliate, partner, or parent company to adhere to standardized construction, maintenance and operating practices.
- Financial statements of the entity or its affiliate, partner, or parent company. Please provide the most recent fiscal quarter, as well as the most recent three fiscal years, or the period of existence of the entity, if shorter, or such other evidence demonstrating an entity’s current and expected financial capability acceptable to the Office of the Interconnection.
- Commitment by the entity to execute the Consolidated Transmission Owners Agreement, if the entity becomes a Designated Entity.
- Evidence demonstrating the ability of the entity to address and timely remedy failure of facilities.
- Description of the experience of the entity in acquiring rights of way.
Below is the list of entities that have been pre-qualified for Designated Entity status. The entities are listed with their pre-qualification identification numbers.
13-01 Atlantic Grid Holdings, LLCPDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-02 Dayton Power and Light CompanyPDF
13-03 Virginia Electric and Power CompanyPDF
13-03a Dominion High Voltage MidAtlantic, Inc.PDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-04 Exelon CorporationPDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-05 American Electric Power CompanyPDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-06 LS Power GroupPDF
13-07 Public Service Electric and Gas CompanyPDF
13-09 East Kentucky Power CooperativePDF
13-10 FirstEnergy CorporationPDF
13-11 Clean Line Energy Partners, LLCPDF
13-12 PPL Electric Utilities CorporationPDF
13-13 Duke EnergyPDF
13-14 Northern Indiana Public Service CompanyPDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-15 I-to-I Transmission, LLCPDF
13-16 Duke-American Transmission Company, LLCPDF
13-17 Duquesne Light CompanyPDF - Updated FilingPDF
13-18 NextEra Energy Transmission, LLCPDF - Updated FilingPDF
14-01 AmerenPDF - Updated FilingPDF
14-04 Eversource Energy Transmission Ventures, Inc.PDF
14-05 Brookfield Transmission Development LLCPDF
14-06 GridAmerica Holdings IncPDF
15-01 Edison Transmission, LLCPDF
15-02 Mid-Atlantic MCN, LLCPDF
16-01 Vectren Utility Holdings, IncPDF
16-02 Rochelle Municipal UtilitiesPDF