Power System Elements
This three-day course provides a general overview of the components that make up the Power Grid. Topics of discussion include:
- major components of generating plants and their inter-relationship,
- steam, nuclear, hydro, combustion turbine, wind, and solar unit operation theory
- transmission system components, conductor types, support structures, substation components, and other devices needed to support its operation
- general design and operation of relay schemes used to offer protection to the various components the electrical grid
This is an introductory course designed for individuals with limited electrical background.
MOC Generation Dispatcher
- Generating Unit Basics
- Transmission Facilities
- Bus and Transformer Relays
- System Loads
NERC ILA #:
There is no charge to PJM Members or Governmental Entities. Non-Members are charged a nominal fee. Please contact Training Support
for more details. All training materials will be provided.