PSED Technical Workshop
The Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) Power Systems Engineering Division (PSED) is an independent provider of advanced technical analysis, training, and support focused on power system planning, operation, protection and equipment application. The PJM course provided by MEPPI-PSED will be focused on various topics related to today’s technical challenges. Main topics will include power electronic systems, such as FACTS/HVDC (Flexible AC Transmission Systems / High Voltage Direct Current), in addition to reactive power assessment, synchrophasor analysis, FIDVR (fault induced delayed voltage recovery), composite load models, energy storage, DERs (distributed energy resources), GIC (geomagnetically induced current), electromagnetic transients, and insulation coordination. MEPPI-PSED encourages active audience participation.
PDH credits will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
- System Studies for Power Electronics
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
- Static Var Compensator (SVC)
- Static Synchronous Compensator (STATCOM)
- High Voltage DC Transmission (HVDC)
- HVDC Classic or Line-Commutated Converter (LCC) HVDC
- Voltage-Sourced Converter (VSC) HVDC
- Reactive Power Assessment and Synchrophasor Analysis
- FIDVR and Composite Load Model Impacts on Stability
- Energy Storage Presentation
- Integration of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and Non-traditional Generation into the Electric Power System
- Geomagnetically Induced Current (GIC)
There is no charge to PJM Members. Non-Members are charged a nominal fee. Please contact TrainingSupport@pjm.com
for more details.
Date: 09.25.2017 - 09.27.2017
Schedule & Notes:
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EPT each day
PJM Conference & Training Center (PDF)
Conference & Training Center
Audubon, PA 19403